Skip to main content
How Driving Evals Works
How Driving Evals Works
Online forms to evaluate students ... and instructors
- Instructor evaluate students with either a conventational rating system or the Skill Level Instruction Program, a set of concrete written skill criteria, one for each skill and level combination.
- 100% on-line. No paper forms. No scanning. No manual re-entering of data.
- Students evaluate their instructor too. And the event and classroom.
- Evaluations are stored in permanent student and instructor logbooks.
Automatic account creation
- User accounts and the event's registrations are imported from your registration system.
- Deep support for MotorsportReg. Other systems too.
- Accounts are synchronized, keeping Driving Evals consistent with your registration system.
Helping manage student/instructor assignments
- You can continue to pair students and instructors in your registration system. Driving Evals will import your assignments.
- Or use the powerful Driving Evals auto-assign function to equitably assignment students to instructors.
- And you can even place students in run groups based upon past evaluation ratings and other data.
- Print your day-of-event matterials: assignment sheets, packet stickers, badges, and rosters.
- Before the event, email each instructors with their student assignment(s) so they can read their logbooks and goals prior to the event.
- Your classroom instructor can read a summary of the students' experience and goals to better prepare.
- Instructors and students can contact each other, if desired.
- Particpants are reminded -- and pestered if needed -- to complete their evaluations.
- After the event, organizer can read extensive reports about the evaluations.
Who uses Driving Evals?
- Used by BMW CCA, PCA, NAAC, SCCA, and others.
- Created by Dan Chadwick, Boston BMW CCA organizer and Chief of Instructor Development, original author of Apple's FileMaker®.
- Advised by Matt Malfa, Boston BMW CCA Chief Instructor and BMW CCA Instructor Training School classroom instructor, and aerospace engineer.
Why Driving Evals?
- Extremely high response rate.
- Easier. No post-event organizer workload to burn out your staff.
- Better. Online evaluations are more detailed, with more insightful comments.
- Community. Your evaluations are shared with other organziations, helping ensure the best student experience.
- $175 for a 1-day event.
- $275 for a 2- or 3-day event.
- $600 for large multi-day events, such as national gatherings.
- Payment by check or PayPal.
- Unconditional guarantee. If you're not satisfied, the event is free.
- No contract; cancel anytime.
- For roughly 1% of your event budget, there is no better way to improve the quality of the educational product you deliver.