Driving Evals collects, stores and communicates student and instructor evaluations for High Performance Driving Events.
Students & Instructors
- You will receive an e-mail letting you know that an account has been created for you. The e-mail will contain a one-time link so you can log in and set your password. Your user name is typically the first and last name that you registered with, unless that name was already taken by another user. If you didn't receive the e-mail, click Request new password at the left. Check your spam folder if you don't receive the message.
- When it's time to fill out your evaluation(s), you'll receive another e-mail. Simply log in and fill out the form. You are free to stop part-way through and save what you've done as a draft. You can then return later to complete the form and submit it. If you were with more than one person, just finish one evaluation and start a second and so on.
- When an evaluation of you is ready for you to read, you'll receive another e-mail. Simply log on and read the latest evaluation(s) of you.
- You can return at any time to look over old evaluations from years past.
- You can use site to contact other participants.
Skill Level Instruction Program (SLIP)
Some clubs use SLIP,. a set of graduated skill levels from novice through very advanced. Each driving skill (e.g. vision, situational awareness, line, shifting, etc.) has a concrete definition for each level. Instructors accurately and consistently evaluate their students. Students know exactly where they are and what needs work.
Any club can use SLIP as their evaluation form in Driving Evals. Approved clubs can participate in a collective of SLIP-rating clubs which rate students and mutually respect SLIP ratings in constituting run groups.
- Organizers: SLIP requires a solid instructor corps comparable to the best BMW chapters and PCA regions, as well as some instructor training. Participation in the collective of SLIP-rating clubs is by consent of its members.
- Instructors: If you instruct with a club that uses SLIP, you will be provided with training and a tear- and water-proof SLIP reference card for use at the track. You may also find SLIP helpful in other clubs.
- Students: If you are evaluated using SLIP, you can refer to the SLIP criteria to see what areas you should focus on for improvement.
Have a Driving Evals account? Log in and visit HELP to see the SLIP criteria. Or contact the administrator for information about SLIP.